10 small space décor tips you haven’t read before
Published on January 11, 2018
Want to make your tiny studio look bigger?
Making the most of a small space requires a certain amount of design savvy. Here are steal style ideas for when you don’t happen to have a penthouse.
- Go in for few larger pieces of furniture instead of many, smaller pieces.
- Try adding a wall-to-wall bookcase.Not only will it expand how high your ceilings look and be a great way to add storage, it will also turn the focus upward and make you forget about limited floor space.
- A mirror placed opposite a window will instantly make a room feel bigger.
- Reduce, discard and then enjoy your spacious, mess-less pad.
- Place a curtain around the bed. It’ll give you a feeling of a cozy bed tucked into a cubby.
- Let the color of your drapes match that of your walls. Also, having some of the furniture in the same color as your walls will help widen your space.
- Create multi-functional spaces. Use your couch to watch TV and the pull-out bed inside for when you have guests over. Let the ottoman serve double duty by functioning as a coffee table and storage for your throws or linen.
- Throw in a few see-through furniture pieces such as glass tables and acrylic pieces. They’ll trick the eye into thinking there’s more space than there actually is.
- Go big. Dramatic art pieces that are slightly oversized will make space feel more open.
You don’t have to fill up every square inch. Leave some blank space – be it a wall or just room on the floor.