What is Ejari?
Published on January 15, 2018
Ejari means ‘My Rent’ in Arabic.
But most importantly, it’s RERA’s online initiative to easily register rental agreements, make them accessible to owners and real estate management companies and protect the rights of everyone involved in rental deals.
It’s also an attempt to create a robust regulatory system by which renewals, cancellations, transfers and terminations can be logged.
Since 14 March 2010, it has been mandatory for all landlords or companies acting on behalf of landlords to get rental contracts registered.
- Establishes full transparency between the landlord and the tenant
- Standardises and fully integrates rental contracts into the legal framework
- Easy access to official and updated information of all rented properties in Dubai
- Platform to revise rental contracts seamlessly, in the event of disputes
- Issuing of valid rent receipts
How can you register your contract via Ejari?