< 1 MIN READ
Firstly, your tenancy contract must be registered through Ejari.
Secondly, the filing fee will be 3.5% of the annual rent (cannot be less than AED 500 or exceed AED 20,000) plus 3.5% of the claim amount in addition to administrative fees.
Thirdly, in the event of a judgment in your favour, your landlord will need to reimburse your filing fees.
Finally, two copies of all the below set of documents will need to be presented.
- Original cheques
- Description of the claim in Arabic
- The original lease contract legally translated into Arabic
- Supporting documents such as electricity bills and email correspondences in Arabic
- The title deed if the property is located in a freehold zone
- Information on-premises type and street number
- Passport copies of the tenant and landlord
- An authorization to the person in charge to attend
- Original public notary with the report or registered mail
- Receipt of payment of 3.5% of the value of the lease